This blog has been created as a forum for examining recent developments in Science education. We are graduate students at the Faculty of Education at the University of Windsor in Windsor, Ontario, Canada.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

What Does Science Mean to You?

In Britain, research shows that boys significantly outperform girls in Science at school.
Earth Science
Black Swallowtail Butterfly

Jeremy Rock: Passionate About Science
"Now that I’ve discovered my love of science, it keeps me up at night. I can’t stop thinking about it. My hope is that by serving my own intellectual curiosity, I am also serving others. Being a scientist is hard. It’s long hours and a lot of sacrifice. It’s an extremely engrossing experience, but when you find a problem that pulls you in, it’s just thrilling.”
 
 DIY Chemistry Set

 A study in 2008 revealed that 14 % of females are interested in a career in Science.

No comments:

Post a Comment