This blog has been created as a forum for examining recent developments in Science education. We are graduate students at the Faculty of Education at the University of Windsor in Windsor, Ontario, Canada.
Sunday, January 16, 2011
Impacts of Climate Change
1. Affect on humans - food scarcities, heat stress, increased air pollution.
2. Decreased arctic sea ice cover.
3. Projected flooding in coastal regions.
4. Ecosystem changes - e.g., plants flowering earlier during the year.
5. Longer growing seasons - could harm native
plant and animal species.
6. Snow pack decreases on mountain ranges - affects fish populations, hydropower, and water availability.